6.12.2008

Victorious Moments

Yesterday my husband Nathan & I took our church youth group to a Ropes Course. You know, the kind where you get to climb stuff in the hot sun and go on a zip line and all that fun stuff. Piece of cake. ;) Actually, the climbing part really was fun & easy but once I was up high I was quite afraid... like walking across a log high in the air and having to pass my husband mid-way across. And when my turn came for the zip line, I knew I had to just force myself to go once the guy counted to 3. Otherwise I'd just talk myself out of it. Even though that first moment was terrifying, I am SO glad I did it!! It was a really challenging day for me personally and also for our group. We really enjoyed seeing our kids work together and build better friendships in the group.
And I am so proud of my friend April, a youth leader that came with us. She is terrified of heights yet managed to talk herself into doing everything the students did the whole day. She's the one in the pic here- I grabbed my cell phone to capture her just as she jumped off the tower on the zip line. I wanted to be sure her husband could see how brave she was!
My muscles are sore today but I can't wait for the next time we get to do something like this. It was so much fun! If you ever get the chance, you should go.
-Heather

2 comments:

Kalilee07 said...

Hey i went Ziplining as well but in Thailand in the jungle! :) Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Where was this? you'll have to let me know!